A limited edition Monopoly board game with a Diamond Valley theme has been cleared for production and will be on shelves in time for Christmas this year. While the actual format of the board is still being decided, the news has delighted local residents and automatically made Christmas shopping a whole lot easier.
A series of meetings and brainstorming sessions have been scheduled to discuss the final layout of the board, and it promises to be a lively process. While many elements of the board are no-brainers – e.g. the train stations will be Watsonia, Greensborough, Montmorency and Eltham – many other sections of the board are open for debate.
Based on many of our recent articles, we’ve listed a number of must-haves below, but also encourage you to provide your feedback in the comments section of the Facebook post relating to this article. Any board game dedicated to the colourful and vibrant community of the Diamond Valley deserves your input. Have your say!
- You win second prize at the local Gem Show. Collect $50.
- You create a revolutionary new lubrication product called “GB40”. Collect $200.
- You fall asleep on a Hurstbridge Line train after a night out drinking and wake up in Diamond Creek. Pay the taxi company $40 to get home safely.
- After being pulled over by the police for a minor traffic offence, you tell the officer to go and catch some real criminals. Pay $400 fine.
- You get caught graffitiing an anti-vegan slogan on a residential fence on St Helena Road. $200 fine.
- On a trip into the city you use an incorrect tag on an Instagram post. Go to jail.
- Your daughter joins the Fanatics. Go to jail.
- A semi-crushed empty beer can, like the one you find on your nature strip every so often.
- The giant coffee cup that stands alongside Greensborough Highway every morning.
- A rolled up edition of the Diamond Valley Leader newspaper.
- A dog being walked by a man drinking a beer.
- The rearing horse that used to stand on top of Horseland on Main Street Greensborough.
- A car in heavy traffic on the Greensborough Bypass.
Please note: due to trademarks and licensing, this board game will never actually be made, but it would’ve been totes cool yeah?
For more “fake news”, please visit The Watsonia Bugle for updates both local and abroad.