Plans have been revealed for the design of a limited edition Monopoly board game with a Diamond Valley theme. While the actual format of the board is yet to be confirmed, the news has delighted local residents and multiple suggestions have been forthcoming.
A series of meetings and brainstorming sessions have been held to discuss the final layout of the board, and it has been a lively process. While many elements of the board are no-brainers – e.g. the train stations will be Watsonia, Greensborough, Montmorency and Eltham – many other sections of the board have been open for debate.
Based on many of our recent articles, we’ve listed a number of must-haves below, but also encourage you to provide your feedback. Any board game dedicated to the colourful and vibrant community of the Diamond Valley deserves your input. Have your say!
- You win second prize at the local Gem Show. Collect $50.
- You create a revolutionary new lubrication product called “GB40”. Collect $200.
- You fall asleep on a Hurstbridge Line train after a night out drinking and wake up in Diamond Creek. Pay the taxi company $40 to get home safely.
- After being pulled over by the police for a minor traffic offence, you tell the officer to go and catch some real criminals. Pay $400 fine.
- You get caught graffitiing an anti-vegan slogan on a residential fence on St Helena Road. $200 fine.
- On a trip into the city you use an incorrect tag on an Instagram post. Go to jail.
- Your daughter joins the Fanatics. Go to jail.
- A semi-crushed empty beer can, like the one you find on your nature strip every so often.
- The giant coffee cup that stands alongside Greensborough Highway every morning.
- A rolled up edition of the Diamond Valley Leader newspaper.
- A dog being walked by a man drinking a beer.
- The rearing horse that used to stand on top of Horseland on Main Street Greensborough.
- A car in heavy traffic on the Greensborough Bypass.
For more local news, please visit The Watsonia Bugle for updates both local and abroad.