A Watsonia man in search of some minty zest in his daily shower has made a near-fatal choice of body wash. Opting for the Original Source “Mint and Tea Tree” variety of body wash during a recent trip to the supermarket, Kane Bruce was looking forward to testing it out during his next shower.

While the initial application of the body wash to his upper body started well, when Bruce started to apply his new wash to the lower half of his body things went awry. Speaking exclusively to The Watsonia Bugle about his intense experience, Bruce said, “Mate, it was nasty. It started with a slight tingle, but then my nether regions felt like they were on fire. Me gooch was alight. It was horrific. My neighbours say they can still hear my screams.”

Despite the secret tingle-inducing properties of the infamous body wash being fairly common knowledge around Melbourne due to internet memes and general dinner table discussions, Bruce claims he was totally unaware of the extra bang he had purchased for his buck. He said, “After it happened, and my bits stopped tingling, I put up a Facebook post warning my friends off the mint, but the majority of my comments just questioned where I’d been hiding for the last 10 years. I thought that was a bit harsh. Here I was, still recovering from the experience, and attempting to warn others of the dangers, but all people wanted to do was make fun of me. People are jerks.”